The mission of the Clerk’s Office is to administer the duties of the office as prescribed by law and to offer the public accurate, efficient, and courteous service.
Maintaining Court Records
The Nye County Clerk serves as Clerk of the Fifth Judicial District Court and maintains the following Court records:
- Appeals from Justice Courts
- Civil cases involving claims in excess of $10,000
- Criminal cases for persons charged with felonies and gross misdemeanors
- Domestic relations
- Family matters generated through the Nevada Division of Child and Family Services
- Juvenile matters
- Paternity and Child Support
- Probate matters
Public searches are performed by the Clerk's Office staff. The public does not have direct access to the records on line.
Serving on Nye County Boards
The Clerk also serves as Ex-Officio Clerk for the following Nye County Boards. Click on the links for more information.
Below are other duties of the Nye County Clerk. Click on the links for more information.
- Accept and file fictitious firm names
- Accept bonds and administer oaths to Notaries Public
- Issue Marriage Licenses
- Issue Certificate of Authority to Solemnize Marriages
- Process Applications for Appointment (PDF) to various County and Town Boards and Commissions
- Register Bail Agents
- Registrar of Voters / Elections
We now accept most major Credit Cards
Discover MasterCard Visa American Express Merchant Account Credit Card Processing